cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

23711 error NC with HP all in one printer

RexPGP_
Frequent Contributor

23711 error NC with HP all in one printer

We have seen a trend with 23711 errors NC with 7.1r4.1 code. If a user has the HP all in one software installed, even just driver, get error. One specific example is HP CM1415fnw software CM1410fnw basic solutions. I cannot test because HP now requires printer plugged into PC before installing. These are mid range business type printers.

5 REPLIES 5
zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

Re: 23711 error NC with HP all in one printer

They are one of the many items that install bonjour for zero config networking connectivity. Disable mdnsresponder from task manager & your network connect sessions will remain alive. I don't know if the printer will work without it OR if it will use 1.6.3(?) successfully; however, that is the culprit. The base version provided by apple has been modified to not change the routes when network connect is used; but HP may be using a different version.

Or, if you were just posting the above as an FYI, sorry for missing that and please ignore me
RexPGP_
Frequent Contributor

Thanks and from past experiences that makes sense

RexPGP_
Frequent Contributor

Went back to support and the following is part of email chain.

Also, can you go to Control Panel -> Programs and Features and see if you have Bonjour installed?

As shown in Control Panel -> Program and Features, there is no Bonjour installed.

Also, try to bring up Task Manager and see if mDNSResponder.exe is listed in the Services tab? http://kb.pulsesecure.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB11831

As shown in service tab of Task Manager, mDNSResponder.exe is not listed.

We do not have printer to test with.

RexPGP_
Frequent Contributor

Unconfirmed solution

Seems the issue is fixed without rebuild the computer.

The HP software bundled TCP/IP dll file. Every internet connect would then parse that wrong IP information.

Just disable the HP Standard TCP/IP PortÓ by Sysinternals

zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

Oh, cool. Thank you for the new info on how this might happen