cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5.3 rollback on installation Windows 10

New Contributor

5.3 rollback on installation Windows 10

Had pulse secure 5.3 installed previously on this machine, but wouldn't connect to the internal network, became slow, and crashed at times. Removed it successfully but rolls back upon reinstallation. Error is: 'Pulse Secure Setup Wizard has ended prematurely because of an error.'

Attempts at fixing:

-Update Windows

-Multiple reboots

-Edit registry MaxNumFilters. Wasn't originally there, so I created with value of 14

-Virtual network adapter not in device manager, so unable to uninstall it

-debug log file error: "SYSTEM MsiExec.exe jnprTdi p18396 tB10 jnprTdilnstDLL.cpp:208 - 'jndprTdi' deletion of driver file jnprTdi_824_597 failed, SYSTEM MsiExec.exe jnprTdi p18396 tB10 jnprTdilnstDLL.cpp:208 - 'jndprTdi' deletion of driver key jnprTdi_824_597 failed."

-This error is repeated several times, same amount of times attempted to reinstall

From what it looks like, the virtual adapter fails to install about 60% of the way through, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

We cannot use any newer version of pulse secure due to an agency-wide use of this version with other applications. Windows 10 works just fine with this version. This issue rarely occurs, but it is the second time I've come across this and the previous attempt to fix it was unsuccessful.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8

Re: 5.3 rollback on installation Windows 10

Do you have any Antivirus or security softwares installed on your machine?

Search for network and sharing center or open settings >> Network & Internet >> Ethernet >> Change Adapter options >> Network connection page will open >> Right click on any connections and select Properties >> Now you should see a list of drivers/services/protocols checked/used like IPv4, IPv6 >> See if you can find any drivers related to your Antivirus.

If yes, please uninstall the security software and retry the Pulse Client installation.
Pulse Connect Secure Certified Expert

the best bet will be to open a case with our support team to work with them to determine where the failure is happening.
in the meantime, can you copy all the pulse secure folders from a working system on to the failing system and test?
New Contributor

I will attempt this, I will let you know what happens. and I've tried contacting the support team; their response was 'if you don't have a serial number for your product, contact your IT department'. I'm currently an IT intern and all I do is install the installer. There's no other necessary information given to me other than what to connect to.

New Contributor

I will attempt this soon, and I will let you know what happens.

can you copy the driver from a working system to the failing system?
New Contributor

We're working on a good time frame to get the computer, but yes, we're planning to copy the driver to a different computer and I will update everyone once we've tried all suggestions.

Thank you

Occasional Visitor

@krogerfeedback wrote:

We're working on a good time frame to get the computer, but yes, we're planning to copy the driver to a different computer and I will update everyone once we've tried all suggestions.

Thank you

I will let you know what happens. and I've tried contacting the support team; their response was 'if you don't have a serial number for your product, contact your IT department'. I'm currently an IT intern and all I do is install the installer.

Highlighted

Thank you. Please do let us know about the results.
Pulse Connect Secure Certified Expert