cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6.0R7, anyone upgrade ?

Jickfoo_
Super Contributor

6.0R7, anyone upgrade ?

We are scheduled to go tonight and I am cringing thinking about tomorrow. Our limited testing has gone ok. Anyone done a wider scale roll-out ?

Robot Indifferent PS These Robot icons are cool..

-Justin

8 REPLIES 8
Jickfoo_
Super Contributor

Re: 6.0R7, anyone upgrade ?

We upgraded last night from 6.0R3.1 (build 12507) .. so far here are the problems we've heard from users:

1 user got an error "Unable to download application" We manually installed the components and it works.

1 user got strange Javascript errors while the upgrade was trying to auto-install..

250 users working fine.

more to come..

Jickfoo_
Super Contributor

Seeing a pattern now. 5+ users, are experiencing the failure to download application error. We do full uninstalls and manual reinstalls and sometimes it works. There is some weirdness going on with this.
DanSmart_
Contributor

Does it fix the issue that Firefox 3.0 hangs after login at..

https://sa4000.domain.com/dana/home/starter0.cgi?check=yes

Jickfoo_
Super Contributor

We dont use Firefox.. Hangs after login to what ? Just the UI or NetConnect. I dont see anything in the release notes about this bug being fixed.

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/ive/6.x/releasenotes/Juniper_Networks_NetScreen_Secure_Acce...

kenlars_
Super Contributor

Do your users have the Installer Service on their machines?
Jickfoo_
Super Contributor

nope.. I was once told it wouldnt help.. The users that are affect are ones with remnants of NetConnect 5.3.0 and 5.4.0 on their machines. I wish NetConnect would automatically remove those.

think installer service will help ?

Justin

kenlars_
Super Contributor

Don't know. Was just thinking that it apparently has some value in installing new versions. If you can find a machine which has the condition that is causing the problem but which has not upgraded yet, you might try installing it and then trying the upgrade.

Ken

DanSmart_
Contributor

I think it's actually hostchecker that's hanging firefox 3