cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6.2R1 (build 13255) CPU Spike

Highlighted
New Contributor

6.2R1 (build 13255) CPU Spike

Has anyone run into a problem with the SSL VPN unit spikes the CPU when users connect?
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: 6.2R1 (build 13255) CPU Spike

Have you upgraded since you reported this problem?  If so did it resolve your problem?

Regards,

Christopher Howarth CISSP RHCE JNCIS-FWV JNCIA-WX/SSL
Highlighted
Super Contributor

what model ? Spike happens when the login to NetConnect ?
Highlighted
Contributor

This is not a specific problem I am aware of. How long do the spikes last? To what level? Is there an impact to service? What device(s) do you have installed with what features?
Highlighted
New Contributor

Its a brand new SA 2000 box.

unfortunately i cant seem to find the smoking gun. I connected to it all day with no problems, but around 4pm the CPU spikes to 100 percent and it stops sending traffic.

i left it alone for 2 or 3 days and the cpu hovers around 15 percent, only when people connect does this error arise.

I have an open case and the symptom is not presenting itself in the lab.

just wondering if people are having the same issue or not.

Highlighted
Contributor

What version of code?
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I'd guess 6.2R1 (build 13255) Smiley Wink
Highlighted
Not applicable

I believe this will be fixed in 6.2r2, and this version of code should be released by mid-August or around there.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Hopefully, but if J-Tac does not now about this problem they will not analyze and probably fix it....

Is anything noted in the error log or maybe a system snapshot generated during that spike? You may find the snapsot thing under "maintainane -> Troubleshooting -> System Snapshot".

Although we did not have this specific problem, we had some spikes in the past, and most times a systemsnapshot or at leas a critical error in the errorlog was reported.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Same here, cpu randomly goes to 100%. I have case open with JTAC will update you if i get something new