We were running 6.0R3.1 for a long time without issue. Ever since we upgraded to 6.4R1, hostchecker has done nothing but odd and inconsistant things, failing users who clearly pass the defined checks, interfere with normal logins (telling users they entered a bad set of credentials on the first try but allows them in on the second). Our only solution thus far is to disable it completely. I've seen others on the boards have the same issue starting in the 6.2 builds and they too had to disable hostchecker. Has anyone found the cause of this behavior and more important, a solution?
I'm not sure what the issue is with 6.4R1, but I would be curious to know what ESAP you're running and how you're using HC. Let me know.
We are using 1.4.9 which re-introduced problems seeing FreeAVG 8.5. Hooray!!
We are using Juniper's canned AV checks along with the auto signature update feature when a user has an AV client with an out of date signature. None of this works though. I've seen others post similar complaints starting with the 6.2 build and JTAC confirms that there are, "...a number of issues with hostchecker that they are aware of...". Funny thing is that before I went ahead with this upgrade, I was told that there were no problems at all. That was a week before I pulled the trigger on the upgrade.