We are looking out for integrating the Juniper SSL VPN with ACE 7.1 version. I understand that version 6.4R1 officially supports 7.1 version of ACE. Any one would like to comment regarding the version 6.4R1. How stable is the version 6.4R1 of Juniper SSL VPN.
We've converted to it, and it's been a little painful. 6.4R2 is due out in less than 2 weeks, I would wait for that to see what it fixes.
Productive since 4 weeks now: Good speed and stability with standards like http/https, wsam, SecureMeeting etc. No Problems with Citrix WebInterface (4.5). Works fine with RSA Appliance 7.1, but....
Strange Symptons with NC,
1. Sometime DNS requests for LAN ressources are not delivered to the tunnel and will be sent to the DNS Server on the physical interface - if the given DNS-Relay (e.g. a DSL-Router) is not correctly configured (like some of the actual German T-Online Routers) your name resoulution fails
2. regular Shutdown of the NC vpn-tunnel after exactly 406 bytes of Data (in some cases, not all !). deinstallation of all old NC-Versions and re-installation of the NC-client helps in most cases but sometimes only for a while..
Lost definitely the stability of my 6.3R3 NC version.......thinking about starting a roolback to this version.
I will open a Case next week and see what juniper is saying to this.
We recently went from 6.0R3.1 to 6.4R1 and it has been painful to say the least.
1) Syslog output for one of the two IVEs works even though both are configured the exact same.
2) Archiving fails even though all credentials/settings are correct
3) HostChecker interferes with authentication and fails you on the first try
4) Some people have web TS sessions sit in limbo and timeout. (seems DNS calls make it sometimes and other times do not)
5) When a session times out, the login page doesn't appear. Instead, you get the Page Cannot Be Displayed message and the VPN exits in a most ungraceful way. You have to close down your browser and start up again fresh.
We're certainly not pleased with the upgrade. We've tried recreating HC rules which worked for a few days but now we're back to having odd failures. I'm hesitant to move to another build and have more odd things happen.