cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7.0R1 and the new Hob RDP applet

zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

Re: 7.0R1 and the new Hob RDP applet

The Quick Launch will only do Java on fallback for non-Windows machines (or Windows with ActiveX disabled).

The HOB applet, though, does require additional licensing beyond the 2 for testing, yes. You can configure static bookmarks for users, if desired, to always use the applet.

Marshy_
Occasional Contributor

Static bookmarks are no use when you want users to be able to set their own bookmarks to their own desktop PCs...

stadion_
Occasional Contributor

Okey, thx.

pauljmu_
Contributor

I am trying to find out from our Sales Engineer about getting custom bookmarks for Mac clients added to "enchancment" requests for a future update. When I get a response I will post what I'm told.

Hemertwv_
Not applicable

I am trying to find out if they finally have two factor smartcard support for Macs/Linux. Our remote access policies require the use of smartcards or two factor and as such we have not been able to remove our OTP Solution for MACS/Linux and this is a real support and training issue.

If anyone knows any better when/if they will be getting smart card support for Macs/Linux under the Hobs client that would be great to know.

Thanks in advance.

mtessier_
Frequent Contributor

If there are other users out there that are still looking for the ability to have user created Juniper Terminal Services bookmarks work with Java RDP clients like the Premier Java RDP Client (AKA Hoblink) please contact your sales rep and have your name / company added to enhancement request 29755.

We've had this ER open for a while and it currently has a medium priority. The ER hasn't seen much movement, but if more customers request the feature, it may get bumped up.

Thanks.

(Also, if anyone has found a decent work-around, please let me know).