We have been encountering a problem on 7.3r3 where software installation fails for Mac OS X users that have a home directory on a different volume (e.g. /Volumes/Workspace/). the log contains the error "JuniperSetupClient.ini not found after download". When using a new account created in /users/ the installation works fine and the user can connect without any problems.
Has anyone seen this issue or know a more effective workaround?
I do not believe we have officially tested installing Juniper components in a non-default home directory, but my assumption would be we use the $HOME instead hard coding the path. JTAC will need to review the debuglog.log to get a better understanding where we are failing.
Also, I can try to replicate this issue in our lab. Are you simply change the $HOME path?
We have a couple of users that have secondary hard drives and have their home directory located there for additional capacity. These are personal machines so I don't know much about their history but I have confirmed the $HOME environmental variable is pointed to the correct location.
They had no problems connecting when we were running 7.1R8. They have not been able to connect since we upgraded to 7.3R3.
I had one user create a secondary account in the standard location and he was able to connect from that account without any problems. I had noticed that the SetupClient folder was not even being created for the non-working account in /Volume/Workspace/ so I copied it from the working account in /users/ and changed ownership of the directory and files to the non-working account ID. After that he was able to connect.