no real new status update. The last thing I heared on 1st of Feb.: "This issue is still under engineering escalation and they are working on design changes done on latest IVE build. I will keep you posted with engineering update accordingly".
I think it might be a good idea to open a case yourself to show that this is not a problem for only a very few people.
I actually did open a case w/ JTAC and, much to my chagrin, while I was gathering info for the tech I found that my in my current iteration of deleting and recreating the auth-only URL, I had mistakenly left out the appropriate Web ACL which was dropping access from my clients.
I've fixed the web ACL and my current auth-only OWA/EAS URL is functioning at the moment, but I know I had the ACL in place the first time around and it had been working but randomly stopped mid-morning one day while I was out running around between some of our sites (and suddenly stopped received email on my phone).
I've left my JTAC case open, honestly hoping it will fail again - I'm not at all comfortable rolling EAS into production via the SA given the issues others have had any my own unexplained random failure.
FWIW, not sure I had mentioned it in earlier post, but I'm running mine in IVE, not IVS.
If anything useful or significant pops up I'll post it here.
remember, this ActiveSync problem occurs only in non-root-IVS. In the root-IVE (and with no IVS license) ActiveSync works quite well in 6.5R2.
Latest (08.02.2010) update form Juniper Support:
- As per engineering analysis this issue seems to be related to 6.5 code level
- Engineering is presently working on required code level changes to fix this issue
- Once issue is tested/fixed in lab we will be merging it to coming IVE release accordingly
My apologies - I thought I had seen some folks continuing to have issues even once moving EAS services back to the root IVE. I just went back and re-read through the whole thread and found that is not the case.
Update from JTAC today:
After the complete analysis of this issue, we are working out to fix this issue in our upcoming major IVE release 7.0R1 which is scheduled for Mid May 2010.
I just wanted to let you know that this is the first time we are officially qualifiying Active Sync on IVS support.
The PR ref is 502051 if anyone wants it. Needless to say I'm pretty disappointed with this response as it is a clear regression in functionality from 6.4 to 6.5 and I've not seen the admin guides and release notes say it is not supported at any point.
We've now been told this should be fixed in 6.5 R4 some time this month - I was offered the EA release but we don't have a test/development SA.