Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Administrator accounts disabled

SOLVED
wigneys_
Occasional Contributor

Administrator accounts disabled

Hi,

I recently powered down and physically relocated my SA2000. All networking (domains, IP ranges etc) in the new location is identical to that in the old location. All users are able to log in and everything is normal for them, but every single administrator account set up on the box has been "disabled". When we go to log in we get a "Your account has been disabled" message.

The accounts were definitely fine when the box went down (the last thing I did before relocation was to log on and check there were no active users), and given that all accounts are affected I suspect this is behaviour by design for some scenario?

Has anyone had this happen to them, or does anyone have suggestions about how I go about re-enabling the accounts? I'd hate to have to rebuild the box....

thanks,

Steve.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
muttbarker_
Valued Contributor

Re: Administrator accounts disabled

You could go in via the console I/F - create a new admin and password - login with that - go to the admin auth server, select the users and re-enable the accounts (assuming you use local admin accounts).
Message Edited by muttbarker on 05-21-2009 06:20 AM

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
muttbarker_
Valued Contributor

You could go in via the console I/F - create a new admin and password - login with that - go to the admin auth server, select the users and re-enable the accounts (assuming you use local admin accounts).
Message Edited by muttbarker on 05-21-2009 06:20 AM
wigneys_
Occasional Contributor

thank you Kevin.... Steve.
wigneys_
Occasional Contributor

ok, now it's weird. I got onto the console I/F and started a super admin session - checked all my admin accounts and they are "enabled". created two new platform admin accounts. went to log in: same result for existing admin accounts. New platform admin accounts get a "you are not allowed to log in" message. I must be missing something, but it's driving me nuts! Until this episode I've had to spend exactly 5 minutes on SA2000 admin/maintenance!

any ideas?

Steve.

alan_
Contributor

Have to ask...are you logging in from the _internal_ IP address for Admin access?

Also check your licensing. I've seen the IVE "lose" it's licenses.