cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow changing cipher order

Highlighted
Contributor

Allow changing cipher order

I noticed a Juniper blog here and in the comments there was a discussion on changing cipher suite order to perfer perfect forward secrecy cipher suites, which a juniper rep indicated was an upcoming feature. Is there an ETA on when this feature will be available?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Allow changing cipher order

Hello Anitoch,

There is no formal ETA, but these type of changes are normally slated for major releases.  When I received further information, I can update the thread accordingly.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Is there an update for this feature?
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello PulseUser,

No. There is not a public release date for this feature yet. This is tentative a maintenance release of 8.2. I will update the thread once I have more information available to me.
Highlighted
New Contributor

I am very interested in being able to control on the server-side ciphersuite order to suggest that my clients use PFS ciphersuites first before resorting to non-PFS. I tried to contact my PulseSecure Sales Engineer (That was news to me that I had one) to submit a feature request but I don't get a response. For now I'd like to know if I can log which cipher suite was negotiated.
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Mish,

We are actively discussing this issue. There is no specific ETA I can give, but I will update the thread once the dates are confirmed.