cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An internal state error has occured

Highlighted
New Contributor

An internal state error has occured

I'm having an issue when logging into my company portal.

An internal state error has occurred. The remote session will be disconnected. Your local computer might be low on memory. Close some programs, and then try connecting to the remote computer again.

The issue with that is that I have 16gb of memory and it's sitting at 20% utilization. I also have 70gb of hard drive space on C drive. I have tried Firefox, Chrome, Edge and IE11, Only IE11 gets me to this screen and errors out. The others don't work at all. I thought that maybe it was a problem with windows 10.. So I installed windows 7 in a virtual machine. From a clean boot with no upgrades or anything - I get the exact same error.

I tried on my mac book pro, and only Safari has some success. But it errors out saying that Security Layer Negotiation failed and that it tried to use RDP.

I'm at a total loss as to how to fix this problem and would welcome any suggestions.

FYI, I do not have any separate software that I had to download, this all installed through the url they gave me to login.
4 REPLIES 4

Re: An internal state error has occured

That should be a version issue. If you are using a 32-bit OS, can you ask them to upgrade to the latest OR disable client-side logging?
New Contributor

I'm on 64 bit Windows 10.
New Contributor

Is any of what you suggested still valid if I'm 64-bit? If so, I can forward it over to them

Possibly an upgrade; but the specific fix I had in mind is not applicable on 64-bit Windows.
Depending on the version being used, and based on the message when you use Safari, the other thing could be that the server you are connecting to has NLA enabled. If that is the case, and you can't disable it, an upgrade is needed to support that connection type.

What you are seeing on your Mac is expected as only Safari is supported and if it is connecting with Java, as is probable, that does not support NLA.