cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Support

Regular Contributor

Re: Android Support

looks like its just a matter of days, this is from the junos pulse whitepapers

Junos Pulse for Google Android and Junos Pulse for BlackBerry will be available in late October 2010. Junos Pulse for Nokia Symbian will be available in late November 2010. Junos Pulse for Windows

Mobile will be available in late December 2010

Regular Contributor

Re: Andorid Support

Pulse is now available for download from the market!! Type junos in search and enjoy!
Regular Contributor

i dont think i like how they did this version of pulse different from windows and iphone, this version just takes you to your portal page and you log in, there is no difference if you open your browser and log yourself into your secure portal.

the windows or iphone version allows you to enter the SA url, and user name and password, you click connect and it establishes connection in the background, then you go whereever you need to go.

Occasional Contributor

Agreed. And with android tablets around the corner being able to just launch bookmarks (that is much much slower than logging into the portal through a web browser on the phone btw) there is really no point in pulse on the android. I have opened tickets about this and have confirmed that this is not going to happen on the android at least not yet. Hopefully someone at juniper will say Hey, Guys --- We really dropped the ball on this one. We should get this out pretty quick.

Frequent Contributor

Hmm.. Is there a difference between the iPhone and iPodTouch versions? I only have an iPodTouch, and I do not have the option for the Pulse client to save any information besides the URL. Are there two versions out there? Since we have a Cisco ASA/VPN server, we probably won't use the Juniper for iOS users, but we will for Android until they get a Cisco compatable client out...
Occasional Contributor

Hmm... yes, I was expecting to get IP access like I do from my computer (and like the IPhone folks do). However, it appears I can only access things from the Portal page. Not useful for SSH'ing from ConnectBot Smiley Sad

Am I missing something?

Occasional Contributor

FYI, per the SSL_VPN twitter page (which I think is run by Juniper), "L3 VPN is coming". Just just sit tight boys & girls.

Frequent Contributor

Without L3 support on the Pulse Cleint, what does it really give Android users? I've never tried one, but can't you get the normal web-portal things with a generic browser anyway?
Occasional Contributor

Yup, not sure. You can get to other internal websites via the JunOS Plus browser I guess (stuff not exposed on your portal).

Contributor

This release is a total let down. I'm not sure why Juniper even bothered to release it. If you have the browse functionality enabled then there is not additional functionality added from the "client". The iOS client is infinitely more useful than the android client. Until the android client gets vpn capability there is no point in installing it.