cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AntiVir Personal - Free Antivirus (9.x)

kg71_
Contributor

AntiVir Personal - Free Antivirus (9.x)

Has anyone found a way for HostChecker to recognize/accept Avira AntiVir Personal - Free Antivirus (9.x)? ... we use Avira Pro in house but we recommend home users to use AntiVir Personal - Free Antivirus (9.x) ....

3 REPLIES 3
rdit_
Regular Contributor

Re: AntiVir Personal - Free Antivirus (9.x)

just add it to the hostchecker-policy you define!

i have lots of antivir versions at my hostchecker configurationpage, also 9.x free edition.

i have ESAP 1.5.4, so if you have an older version think about updating the ESAP.

kg71_
Contributor

right, I'm running ESAP 1.5.5 (also tried 1.5.7) and the product is in my selected list, but I've got at least one user who says it's being rejected by HostChecker ..... 1.5.7 release notes warn of a problem with AntiVir Personal - Free Antivirus (9.x) ..have others seen this?

vbroadwater_
Contributor

Yep, see this thread - https://forums.pulsesecure.net/topic/pulse-connect-secure/31597-avira-9x-failing-host-checker

Apparently it's a known issue due to something on Avira's end? Unfortunately we don't know when it will get fixed.

In the mean time, I've been advising our help desk to suggest that those users use AVG at least for the time being.