cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any word yet regarding 64-bit OS support for SVW?

CNIDog_
Occasional Contributor

Any word yet regarding 64-bit OS support for SVW?

I recently checked the release notes for 7.1R4 and saw that 64-bit OSes still are not supported in SVW.  Does anybody know if this is on the roadmap yet and when it might be released?

Surely seventy five percent of the world is using a 64-bit OS by now.

Regards,

DAK
4 REPLIES 4
zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

Re: Any word yet regarding 64-bit OS support for SVW?

It's been under investigation for some time on how to implement successfully; but the differences in x32 vs x64 is enough to make this a complicated change.

I would highly recommend you contact your SE for more information on this support.

zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

I know it is under investigation; however, details regarding this, and any future support, need to go through your SE for queries on support for SVW with x64 Windows

CNIDog_
Occasional Contributor

Thank you.  I'm just a little surprised that it's only under investigation.  Not having 64-bit OS support makes SVW effectively obsolete in today's user community.  Is this a sign that Juniper plans to abandon that technology?

Regards,

DAK
NULL_
Contributor

Hi,

as I do remember from some public slides and or conference the target was end of Q4 2011 and or Q1 2012 (Information is from Q1 2011 or Q2 don't remember exactly).

Could be possible that this feature has been shifted towards later... If you need specific dates you should contact your SE Team.

Regards,

NULL