cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Snow Leopard Issues

Edge_
Occasional Contributor

Apple Snow Leopard Issues

We are running a pair of SA 4000s (clustered) on 6.4R2 firmware.

The following items no longer work...

- Network Connect launches but immediately fails to connect.

- JSAM fails when it is launched with the error "Could not launch, Please restart Web Browser".

Is Leopard support coming in 6.4R3? 6.5R2?

Any info or workarounds would be greatly appreciated.

10 REPLIES 10
JuniperEngineer_
New Contributor

Re: Apple Snow Leopard Issues

I have a partial answer for you for Network Connect.

It Seems that Snow Leapard has changes some of the internal structure of Network Connect and removed the frameworks directory as well as messing up the permissions where changed. I found this been tweeted around as a valid fix:

http://www.thevagary.net/archives/2009/08/make_network_connect_work_in_s.html

sudo chmod 755 /usr/local/juniper/nc/[version number]/
sudo mkdir '/Applications/Network Connect.app/Contents/Frameworks'
Edge_
Occasional Contributor

That resolved the Network Connect issue! Do you know what's happening with JSAM?

Thank you

JuniperEngineer_
New Contributor

Unfortunately I am of little help with JSAM. As it could not be launched maybe it is also a problem with permissions that needs to be fixed. Sorry I cannot be more help. Hopefully someone on J-NET will pick this up.
iamtimmo_
Not applicable

I had the same problem with Network Connect 6.3.0 and was able to resolve it with only the second half of the proposed solution. I.e., I did not need to change any permissions in the /usr/local/juniper/nc hierarchy. I simply created the "Frameworks" directory in the application's "Contents" directory using:

sudo mkdir '/Applications/Network Connect.app/Contents/Frameworks'

Now all is well with the world.

jimmydot_
New Contributor

i getting similar issue with the "Could not launch, Please restart Web Browser" i had tied to fix by removing all Network Connect, hoping that it would reinstall, but it did not. so now it appears that the NetworkConnect.app is not installing.

jimmydot_
New Contributor

Error that i am getting from the dsNCLauncher_mac1.log

syntaxian_
Occasional Contributor

The permission fix and Frameworks directory work in 32 bit mode but does anywone have a fix for 64bit mode. Network Connect just spins and spins without initiating the tunnel. Snow does NOT run in 64 bit by default, only server does. You must hold down numbers 6 and 4 on boot to initiate it or modify a file to do it by default.

JimFackler_
Not applicable

I am still struggling a bit. After release on 30 Sept, it looks like I am still have an erratic connection. I did apply the above commands beforehand. Do you think I need to undo the original work around in any way?

thanks,

Jim Fackler

jimmydot_
New Contributor

check out his thread at the Apple Forums
http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=10122695#10122695

and

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2130935&start=30&tstart=0

i had posted how to do a clean install, look for the posted dated Posted: Sep 5, 2009