cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple breaks NC/Host check... again. Java 1.6.0_37 Update.

Occasional Contributor

Apple breaks NC/Host check... again. Java 1.6.0_37 Update.

Today's Apple Java update (1.6.0_37) deliberately removes the java applet from Safari and requires the user to download a new one directly from Oracle. This new version does not appear to be compatible with standalone NC and/or host check app, however launching from the web-based login does work. Hopefully someone else will prove me wrong, not willing to try on my other machine...

7 REPLIES 7
Contributor

Re: Apple breaks NC/Host check... again. Java 1.6.0_37 Update.

Nope, I've got the same experience here.  This is not cool.

Contributor

I've got case 2012-1017-1111 open with JTAC.  I'm not hugely optimistic about a quick fix, especially since we had to wait for Apple last time, and given Apple's desire to divest itself with Java updates, it's anyone's guess as to when a fix might be coming......

Contributor

I've also opened BugID 12524365 with Apple.  Not that I think it will do much good - they'll say the problem is with Oracle's plugin......

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I did a system update on my MBP and host checker just sat there for a few minutes until I cancelled it...

I was able to pass HostChecker after loading Java directly from www.java.com.  It also worked for ProperJavaRDP.  We do not use NetConenct/Puse, so I don't know about that...

I have not heard from any other users at this time, so I only have one example...

We are running a SA2500 on 7.1R12.  I was testing from a MBP with Lion.

Contributor

JTAC is saying that Mac OS X 10.8 and Java 7 are not officially supported on 7.1 code.  If I upgrade to 7.2 (and first replace my SA6000s with MAGs or SA6500s), then they will help me analyze the problem.

Respected Contributor

Java 7, oracle, requires 64-bit applications to run successfully. are you seeing this work successfully in safari (this is what e are seeing here)? network connect is 32-bit. 

Contributor

Yes, things work fine when we use a 64-bit browser like Safari to log in first.