cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying Login Script and Group Policy using Network Connect with Air Card

pauljmu_
Contributor

Applying Login Script and Group Policy using Network Connect with Air Card

I am trying to find a way to get our Kix login script and Group Policy settings to apply to our mobile laptop users (Windows XP) when they are using Network Connect with their Sprint air cards.

The users log into the laptops with their cached network credentials. Using the air card does not allow you to use the logout when Network Connect starts option because theSprint SmartView software connection terminates on logout. I'm curious to find out if anyone has experience a similar issue and had better results finding a solution.

Thanks for any assistance.

4 REPLIES 4
dbg008_
Not applicable

Re: Applying Login Script and Group Policy using Network Connect with Air Card

Try using Network Connect -> Session scripts -> Windows: Session start script Point to a share with a bat | cmd | or WSH file.
zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

You need to use a session start script, as mentioned by dbg008, that is hosted on another server. The script type must be .exe, .cmd, or .bat and if all the script does is call the KIX script, that will be fine; but the script that is referenced to be delivered to the user must be one of those 3.

It looks like you will not run into this, but the script needs to be hosted on a location that does not require authentication if you have users logging in using non-domain PCs; if they will only use their domain PC, and the credentials are identical to what grants access to the share that hosts the script, this is not an issue.

pauljmu_
Contributor

Thanks for the tips to try. Unfortunately it didn't work for me using cached domain credentials. I created a .bat file to call the Kix script which then pointed to a .cmd file.

Right now I have a basic .bat file that maps a couple drives but was hoping to be able to leverage the domain login script.

zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

What message did you see (e.g. failed to authenticate, script didn't launch at all) as a user?

Does your client-side log show the connection completing successfully (look for the start_script string)?

If the script is local on the PC or on a non-protected location, does it work?