cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning unique IP's to Network Connect users

Highlighted
New Contributor

Assigning unique IP's to Network Connect users

I would like to assign a unique IP address to specific users, either by username or workstation id, using Network Connect instead of having them grab IP's from the pool. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Ed Bradshaw

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Assigning unique IP's to Network Connect users

Ed -

I believe you can use a parameter for the IP address pool in the NC connection profiles. I think I have tested this, but can't find the configuration which I used. In my case, I was returning the address for the user via a Radius attribute, so the parameter was something like <userAttr.Framed-IP-Address>. Let me see if I can find my configuration when I get a few minutes later today.

Ken

Highlighted
Not applicable

I would like to be able to do the same thing, I was hoping to assign a user a ip address from a block of addresses based on Role. If anyone out that has done this I would would be interested in and information available.
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Yes, I found my configuration, and the address pool for the role is specified as "<userAttr.Framed-IP-Address>". Of course, the address must be within the address limits specified in the Network Connect settings under the Network tab (and the NC settings for the IVS, if you are using them) for the address to be assigned. Otherwise, the logon fails.

You could of course get the assigned address from any authentication/authorization server, like an LDAP.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I havent tried this, but couldnt you specify a dhcp server and do mac address IP reservation?
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Generally the thing with DHCP should work. But in our case, when we tried this one year ago, the IVE did not sent an IP of the subnet the user shall get an IP from as GiAddr, more than ther her own one, so DHCP wasn't an option for us anymore...