cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication rejected by server. Error 303

CaseyH_
Contributor

Authentication rejected by server. Error 303

I've got a user that used to be able to log in just fine to our VPN service.

"suddenly" it stopped. Not sure what changed on their end. This is an external customer, so we don't manage their equipment.

I got the logs and I can see the message in the subject line repeated throughout.

"Authentication rejected by server. Error 303"

I can't seem to locate any more info on what exactly that message means.

Is there a list or something somewhere where you can look up specific error codes?

(or can someone clarify the specifics of that error message)

thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
filbert_
Frequent Contributor

Re: Authentication rejected by server. Error 303

What type of authentication are you using?

CaseyH_
Contributor

MS AD authentication

So here's the backstory on the issue:

The client was working fine on her machine. The program that is used for their work was upgraded/changed. Since then, she can't get connected to our VPN service on her machine. However, she can use another machine in the office to connect just fine. So that led me to believe it was something on that machine specifically.

I had one of our desktop techs go out to the site to look at it. He tried to log in as the user and it hangs at "Checking Compliance" and eventually gives the message that the authentication has been rejected.

To make the situation a bit more wierd.... our tech that went onsite was able to log in with no issue.

so I'm kind of at a loss.

when looking through the Pulse client logs, I saw the "authentication rejected by server" error 303 and was hoping that would provide some light on the issue.

Kita_
Valued Contributor

Can you open a case so we can review the pulse logs?  It looks like host checker may be failing, but I cannot tell for sure without reviewing the pulse logs.

CaseyH_
Contributor

I already have a case open, Kita.

I PM'd you yesterday with the case number.

I've received 3 different emails that "A Note has been logged to your SR...." but the only note I see is where I changed the follow up method preference.

I'll call support in a bit to see what's going on.

lyndidon_
Contributor

look at what your compliance checker is looking for. seems like the version or a file that has been upgraded is causing it fail