Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-Launch Web Bookmark

SOLVED
Comcare_
New Contributor

Auto-Launch Web Bookmark

Hi,

New to the Juniper SA looks good so far. I have just been asked to auto launch a web bookmark in a particular realm/role. This realm/role only has 1 bookmark assigned. Is there anyway to auto launch this? I know you can with RDP/ICA but there was no option for the bookmark and I can't seem to find any doco on how to do this. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Tri

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
muttbarker_
Valued Contributor

Re: Auto-Launch Web Bookmark

Have you tried the Custom Start Page? It is under the roles / General / UI Options setting - Then look at the "Start Page" section - you can specify a landing page that the users will be taken to after login. Should do what you want.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
muttbarker_
Valued Contributor

Have you tried the Custom Start Page? It is under the roles / General / UI Options setting - Then look at the "Start Page" section - you can specify a landing page that the users will be taken to after login. Should do what you want.

Comcare_
New Contributor

Thanks muttbarker, worked like a charm.

ChiragShah_
Occasional Contributor

Also is it possible to have a certain bookmark to auto-launch under specific condition?

E.g.. If Citrix Receiver is found to be installed on users PC then launch first URL else launch second URL.

Thanks and appreciate your response.

muttbarker_
Valued Contributor

Yes, this could certainly be done. You would accomplish this through the use of host check and role mapping. So you would use host check to determine if the progam exists, and if so then could assign Role A, if not assign Role B. Each of the two roles would of course have the assoicated URL defined as desired. 

ChiragShah_
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Kevin... Appreciate your prompt response.. 

I tested your solution but it has a problem and let me explain it to you.

The User Realm has a number of User Roles defined under it such as Outlook Webmail role, RDP to work PC and Citrix users (My focus group). Now, there are only a small set of users who will use Citrix Session compared to a larger universe of RDP to work PC users.

So when I use hostchecker in the realm, hostchecker will check for all the users in the Realm, even for those who are not part of Citrix session group and in turn slow down the remote access process for everyone.

As an alternative we are look for a way to auto-launch two web pages:

1) The first URL we want for Citrix (Using the Custom Page)

2) The bookmarks page

What we are don't know is that how can we launch both together compare to either-or solution right now.

Thanks 

ChiragShah_
Occasional Contributor

In short is there a way to launch both Bookmarks page and Custom Page.

muttbarker_
Valued Contributor

No, the standard launch is the bookmarks page and you can supercede that with a custom page. Host checker is the only way to make this happen in an automated manner.