cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Reboot

RichPeace_
Occasional Contributor

Auto Reboot

I have noticed that our SSL-VPN starts to experience slowness issues after a long period of our appliances not being rebooted. We are currently running an SA4000 cluster and have not identified any process for any kind of auto reboot. Typically we only reboot the devices when we do a firmware upgrade.

My question is, do any of you have any method to automatically reboot your vpn's and if so, how often and what do you do. I don't know of anything within the appliance's software that enables this functionality, thouh I could be missing it.

Thanks in advance to any who can help.

2 REPLIES 2
muttbarker_
Valued Contributor

Re: Auto Reboot

Rich - there is nothing in the SSL box that will provide for any "Scheduled" reboots. The box of course handles power-offs with no problems so I would look for some form of a power-strip with scheduling intelligence. Can't do it from within - what version are you on? I know there are customers out there that run these things for way long periods of time with no reboots.
RichPeace_
Occasional Contributor

Re: Auto Reboot

We are running 6.3R3. I just updated last night, so I am waiting to see how things go from here. The lag our users experience is not a great deal, just a minor annoyance when we get 100+ connections. The major thing we notice is extremely slow response times in the Admin console when we are making changes to the appliance. Occasionally when you click a link in our Admin console, it will take upwards of 10 seconds for the page to refresh and allow you to click another link.

Like I said, not a major problem. Just an annoyance.