cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-closing IVE start page after NC has started

New Contributor

Auto-closing IVE start page after NC has started

Does anyone know a decent way how to automatically close the IVE's web browser start page, after Network Connect has been properly started on the client?

Reason why I am asking: I have a couple of users, who don't really understand that they don't need the web page anymore, when they are working with Network Connect. This way I could actually "enforce them" to work with NC only.

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: Auto-closing IVE start page after NC has started

Hi,

I have the same issue, what you could do is to make a shortcut on desktop or quick start menu to "C:\Program Files\Juniper Networks\Network Connect 6.1.0\dsNetworkConnect.exe". It works fine for me.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

I'm not a HTML expert by any means, but I think there is a way to code HTML to close the browser window. If that is true, you could direct the user to a custom start page in the UI options for the role, and have this page close the window.
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I think the biggest problem here is the closing after the NC has been "properly started", because afaik there's no feedback from the NC client to the webpage.

Anyway with placing JavaScript code

[code]

window.close();

[/code]

on the right place, you could close the browser window. BUT in case the user has surfed the internet with this browser window alread, there will be a confirmbox, that a script is trying to close the window, that can not be avoided.

Highlighted
Contributor

Another way to do it is by way of start script. I use taskkill to end the iexplore.exe process after Network Connect has established the connection. The start script also does a couple of other things as well and has worked well. The start script settings are located in the role under Network Connect options.