cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodiscover.xml via SSL?

miked_
Contributor

Autodiscover.xml via SSL?

We are trying to get Autodiscover to work, so when a user gets a new mobile device they can simply type in their email address and have the settings populate correctly.  Our issue is getting to the Autodiscover.xml file which sits behind our SSL.  I am trying to have it come in on our ActiveSync policy to retrieve the file.  Which doesn't work.  Any suggestions, or input on how someone else may have set this up?

6 REPLIES 6
miked_
Contributor

Re: Autodiscover.xml via SSL?

Dare I ask how I figure out who my account team is since I have never heard from them?

NOTICE TO RECIPIENTS: Any information contained in or attached to this message is intended solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient of this transmittal, you are hereby notified that you received this transmittal in error, and we request that you please delete and destroy all copies and attachments in your possession, notify the sender that you have received this communication in error, and note that any review or dissemination of, or the taking of any action in reliance on, this communication is expressly prohibited.

Mike
miked_
Contributor

Just wanted to bring this back up to see if anyone has any ideas?

Mike
zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

Please, also, contact your account team to ask for support of the auto discover protocol/sequence as this is currently not supported by the IVE OS
mattspierce_
Frequent Contributor

I've been thinking about this for a while as well. We are enforcing client certificate authentication on the SA's activesync VIP. This breaks the autodiscover component. It would be very useful if the Juniper would pass the autodiscover requests some how. There are several ways for a client to autodiscover though.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124251(v=exchg.150).aspx

Depending on whether you've configured the Autodiscover service on a separate site, the Autodiscover service URL will be either

I have been playing with two appraoches. Our website answers to the domain name. Because of that I could sync the autodiscover.xml file out to a /autodiscover directory and publish it on the site. I could also create a dns entry to answer autodiscover.adtran.com on the SA and maybe p2p it to an internal hubcas server? Anyone have a solution they have tried to this issue?

wavetrain2013_
Occasional Contributor

Have you tried unchecking on the sign-in policy?

miked_
Contributor

I have, unfortunately no luck