Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic connection at startup

SOLVED
raulalfa
New Contributor

Automatic connection at startup

Good morning, I want my pc to connect to the vpn automatically when it starts up and I can't find a way to do it. Is it possible to program it like this from the application? I am using Pulse Secure v5.3.7 client 
Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
r@yElr3y

Re: Automatic connection at startup

@raulalfa Connection policy setting has to be enabled on the VPN server and then push the configurations to the Pulse Client. since you're using cert auth, connection should be seamless unless you have cert selection prompt which will allow to choose from different certs.

You can reach out to your VPN administrator for creating and pushing the configuration profiles to the Pulse Clients.

VPN configuration - Users >> Pulse Secure Clients >> Connections.

PCS Expert
Pulse Connect Secure Certified Expert

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
r@yElr3y

@raulalfa If the connection policy is set to automatic, then the Pulse client will automatically try to establish a session after logging into windows.

If you are allowed to save the credentials, then you can go with that and you'd not prompted for authentication. If not, then we need to enable cached credentials feature so that your AD user/passs will be used by Pulse Client connections.

PCS Expert
raulalfa
New Contributor

r@yElr3y wrote:

@raulalfa If the connection policy is set to automatic, then the Pulse client will automatically try to establish a session after logging into windows.

If you are allowed to save the credentials, then you can go with that and you'd not prompted for authentication. If not, then we need to enable cached credentials feature so that your AD user/passs will be used by Pulse Client connections.

Hello, first of all thanks for the answer.

I do not know how to establish that policy that you indicate.
I connect through a certificate and not with username and password, I simply have to click on connect. That action is what I need to be done automatically and I don't know how to do it.

A greeting

r@yElr3y

@raulalfa Connection policy setting has to be enabled on the VPN server and then push the configurations to the Pulse Client. since you're using cert auth, connection should be seamless unless you have cert selection prompt which will allow to choose from different certs.

You can reach out to your VPN administrator for creating and pushing the configuration profiles to the Pulse Clients.

VPN configuration - Users >> Pulse Secure Clients >> Connections.

PCS Expert

View solution in original post