cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avast 2015 11.1.2245 => "Your computer's security is unsatisfactory"

Highlighted
New Contributor

Avast 2015 11.1.2245 => "Your computer's security is unsatisfactory"

I have earlier had no problems to logon to my clients network via VPN and with Junos Pulse 5.0 with this PC but suddenly started to get the error message below. I removed Junos Pulse and installed Pulse Secure 5.1.6 as per their instructions. Still get the same error message:

1. AnyAntivirusNoFileCheck
Reasons: Windows Defender 4.8.0207.0 does not comply with policy. Compliance requires real time protection enabled.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.2.0.1024 does not comply with policy. Compliance requires real time protection enabled.
2. Linux
Reasons: No rules are configured for the Windows platform.
3. Hostchecker_failed
Instructions: Your device doesn't comply with [client] policy. If you have any questions, please contact your local helpdesk.

I'm using Avast as my real time protection, not Windows Defender or Malwarebytes (even though both are installed, Defender shut off and Malwarebytes free only for scanning for malware from time to time).

I don't know if this has anything to do with their changes to their network environment end November and they do not give any support to "private" PCs. I don't really know how to interpret the Avast 2015 section in "ps-esap-2.8.9-supportedproducts-v3sdk" but I'm admin on the PC and UAC is rised to the highest level.

Any ideas if the installed Pulse Secure is incompatible with my Avast installation?
Any ideas how to solve this?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Avast 2015 11.1.2245 => "Your computer's security is unsatisfactory"

I don't know if it matters but I'm running a Dell Latitude E7240 with Win 8.1, fully updated with Windows update.
Highlighted
Community Manager

swehjo,

According to the error message, you are failing on three (3) different HC policies. Please review the 3 policies and confirm if they are correct. This should not be an issues with an AV vendor unless you are perform role mapping depending on the evaluation of AVAST.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Even though Avast should work (I've made no alteration or configuration of the product, just plain installation and updates) I got my connection back when I de-installed it. Running on standard Windows Defender worked and after installing Mcafee LiveSave I could still connect. So obviously Pulse or my client have made changes to the host checker templates that prevented me from using Avast.

Well, problem solved.
Highlighted
Not applicable

It's hard to consider uninstalling Avast (and I assume you're using the Pro version) a solution to this problem. Avast Free is essentially tied for first in market share. The latest paid version of this product was released on 12/1 and over six weeks later it's not supported by the endpoint.
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello ClarkMurray,

Thank you for the feedback. I was able to get a hold of a trial version of Avast! Pro Antivirus 11.x and replicate similar behavior. I have filed a ticket to see we can get this resolved. I would recommend to file a support with us as well to ensure we have replicate the same issue and to provide further updates on this issue.

I will try and update this thread when this issue is resolved.