cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avast 5 and Juniper

Highlighted
New Contributor

Avast 5 and Juniper

does anyone knows how to get the avast 5 running on JuniperSSL ? It«s not supported yet.

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Avast 5 and Juniper

From ESAP 1.5.8, these are supported.

avast! Free Antivirus (5.x)

avast! Internet Security (5.x)

Highlighted
Contributor

It sounds like you want to do a host check for avast! version 5. Can you tell me what's the exact version you are running, i.e., avast! Free Antivirus (5.x), avast! Intenet Security (5.x)? Also, what version of the ESAP package are you running?

Highlighted
New Contributor

The version is avast! free 5 Home

ESAP the latest 1.5.7

that is what JTAC said:

JTAC has informed that AVAST five is currently not supported in latest ESAP release and it is in roadmap in ESAP 1.5.8 due to release in couple of months.

thx

cyber

Highlighted
Contributor

Highlighted
Contributor

Juniper supports avast! free 5 in our ESAP 1.5.8 release. This was released last week and will be posted on our support site on 2/15/2010. The links to download the ESAP package, Release Notes, and Products Supported List is below. You will need to use your support contract credentials in order to download.

I just tested and was able to pass the policy.

Software Download:
http://download.juniper.net/software/ive/releases/esap/1.5.8/ESAP_1.5.8_prod.pkg

Supported Products List:
http://download.juniper.net/software/ive/releases/esap/1.5.8/ListofProductsSupportedbyESAP1.5.8.pdf

Release Notes:
http://download.juniper.net/software/ive/releases/esap/1.5.8/Release_Notes_ESAP_1.5.8.pdf

Reply back if you have any questions or concerns.

Jahmal

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi

I've installed EASP 1.5.8

Now the Hostchecker recognise my avast 5 but I'm still rejected with this error :

avast! Free Antivirus 5.0.418.0 does not comply with policy. Compliance requires real time protection
enabled

I've today (02/17/2010) last version of avast program, virus definition and every agent are running. Someone has an idea ?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Great !!! It works !

i didn't rememberd that I'd made a custom install with no IM shield and P2P shield because I don't use IM and P2P.

So I've added the missing two and the Host checker grants me.

Thanks for your help.

Highlighted
Contributor

RTP (Real Time Protection) is is usually on by default for most antivirus products. On the avast! 5 free version, you can double-click-->Real-Time Shields. Make sure that all fields (should be 7 of them) are started. If they are started, then you will need to open a JTAC ticket. I ran this myself using ESAP 1.5.8 and am not having any problems.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I've got

File system shield

Web shield

Network shield

and behavior shield

What are the other one ?