Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avaya Softphone through WSAM

jnoc_
New Contributor

Avaya Softphone through WSAM

HI,

I was wondering if it is posible to configure Avaya Softphone through WSAM. Does anyone of you knows how to do it?

I have a SA 4500

I will appreciate your help a lot.

8 REPLIES 8
hazeen_
Occasional Contributor

Re: Avaya Softphone through WSAM

Hi,

Softphones(voice) use UDP packets and also requires bi-directional communication.(you can verify this with wireshark)

WSAM does not support UDP and hence you will be unable to make if work for your softphone.

But you can make it work with Network-connect. If you are concerned with security with use of network-connect, you can restrict access to only the call-manager using the network connect access control.

Regards,

Haze

MattS_
Frequent Contributor

Do not install the QoS component for the Avaya softphone otherwise it will not work via Network Connect either - see http://kb.pulsesecure.net/KB17416

eagle107_
Contributor

We have already tested this on the Avaya IT production SA-6500 Gateways and it does not work.

jnoc_
New Contributor

Thank you very much to all of you. So I will configure NC instead.

zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

It is not possible to run softphones through WSAM. The server initiates the connection to the client; server-initiated connections are not supported for WSAM.

SonicBoom_
Regular Contributor

I have the Avaya softphone configured on my WSAM network by using a Disaster Recovery role, if my users are in the DR group then they will get connected via NC and the softphone will work, tested and working.

eagle107_
Contributor

SonicBoom,

I am confused with what you said. You have a users using the Softphone with the WSAM client or you have a network called WSAM, but still use the NC client to run the Softphone?

SonicBoom_
Regular Contributor

no the softphone will not run with WSAM, so i have a role set up for a Disaster Recovery group that enables NC to show on the main page, in an disaster recovery situation, those users already know to disconnect from WSAM and manually launch NC followed by Avaya softphone.

hope this helps