Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bookmarks disappeared?!?!

SOLVED
bruccoo_
Occasional Contributor

Bookmarks disappeared?!?!

Hello all, have a strange one here. I have a user that had bookmarks configured. One day she attempted to add another bookmark and her bookmarks disappeared. Since then, she has not been able to add bookmarks and when she does there are no errors as to why the bookmark was not added. I removed her access and re-entered her access to no avail. The device is a SA2000 running 6.5R4.1 (build 15977). I can't figure out what else to check since she is the only one in a group that is not able to add terminal services bookmarks. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

Re: Bookmarks disappeared?!?!

If all her custom bookmarks are gone, can you delete her user record entry on the IVE, have her login again, and try to create a new bookmark?
The user entry is stored at Authentication>Auth Servers>serverName>Users

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

If all her custom bookmarks are gone, can you delete her user record entry on the IVE, have her login again, and try to create a new bookmark?
The user entry is stored at Authentication>Auth Servers>serverName>Users

View solution in original post

bruccoo_
Occasional Contributor

We tried that already and that did nothing. We are a complete loss.

zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

Hello,

I am sorry to hear that that had been tried and she is still unable to create bookmarks.

I just re-read the original question again and am now not sure I read it right.

[quote]

I can't figure out what else to check since she is the only one in a group that is not able to add terminal services bookmarks. Any ideas?

[/quote]

Can you confirm if this means that other users in her role are able to successfuly add bookmarks and only she is not? Or is she the only member of a role that does not have permission to add terminal service bookmarks? When I initially read the post, it looked like the former; now as i re-read it, and that the issue persists, it looks like it might be the latter. Can you confirm for me which way I am reading it wrong?

If she is a member of multiple roles, is it possible to create a test role mapping rule, place it at the top of the list on the realm (with stop enabled after match) for this one user and map her to the role that should be able to add terminal services and see what happens?

bruccoo_
Occasional Contributor

Third time's the charm! After deleting the account multiple times the user now able to create bookmarks. Strange but now it works. Thanks again.

zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

You are welcome; glad to hear it is working now. Smiley Happy