cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug in 8.2R.1?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Bug in 8.2R.1?

I've just downloaded and commissioned the 8.2 SA DTE as I wanted to try the clientless RDP. I've loaded a copy of our live configuration (we have a 2 SA4500 cluster running 8.1R7). Unfortunately some of our user roles now no longer work. The roles have an IP address restriction - this is to give different functionality to users depending on whether they are coming from a known address or not. The particular role has a deny from 194.176.105.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 and allow from 0.0.0.0 netmask 0.0.0.0. When connecting from an IP address that wasn't in the range 194.176.105.0/24, the role wasn't assigned.

I tried to play about with this - one of the things I did was delete the 'allow' and try to re-input it. The interface now doesn't allow 0.0.0.0 with a netmask of 0.0.0.0 It says it's an invalid netmask. It will allow 0.0.0.0 with no netmask. Sadly, this still doesn't work - the role doesn't get assigned.

Is this by design or have I encountered a bug?
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Bug in 8.2R.1?

Hello Martin,

We are aware of this bug and working on resolve this issue. Was a support case opened for this? If so, please provide the case number.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Bug in 8.2R.1?

Hi Kita

Good to know it's a bug and it's being worked on. I downloaded the 8.2 DTE version as I wanted to try out the clientless remote desktop. We're not planning to go to 8.2 at the moment so I didn't raise a support case.

Martin S