cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTS sessions freezing on 6.2R1 firmware

icebun007_
Contributor

CTS sessions freezing on 6.2R1 firmware

I have as SA2500 with the latest firmware 6.2R1.

My users have had issues where their sessions would freeze afer a few minutes whether they are running a TS session our using the Citrix Listed Application feature.

Has anyone come accross this?

I have logged an official call with Juniper but the latest suggesttion is to wait for 6.2R2 which is due for release shortly.

Can anyone shed light on this?

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10
RHIPS_
Occasional Contributor

Re: CTS sessions freezing on 6.2R1 firmware

Had the same issue with SA6000's running 6.1r2. Upgraded to 6.1r3 problem was resolved. Confirm that there is not another release for 6.2 that addresses the same issue that was in 6.1r2 and fixed in 6.1r3.
JR_
Not applicable

I have been seeing simular issues when I use terminal server the screen seems to freeze. I noticed it happening more when I opened up an IE browers on the machine I was TS to. I am using an SA4500 with 6.2R1.

GT_
New Contributor

I also have an SA2500 with 6.2r1.

I am experinceing the same problem with slow WAN connections and complex screens (Internet explorer, PDF's with graphics etc).

I have replicated the issue in my lab with bandwidth throttling the connection at 128/256 and even 512kbs links.

I have had the same issue with variouse versions of RDP and the citrix client

I have a job logged Juniper and am waiting to hear back from them.

GT

icebun007_
Contributor

Guys,

Thanks for responding.

Nice to know that I am not alone.

I will probably give it another week or two before I rollback to 6.1Rx. I am reluctant as I quite like the Citrix Listed Applications option which if it was reliable would be cool.

krille_
New Contributor

Do I need to make any changes on the clients if I downgrade to 6.1R4? Can the users use their NC client verison 6.2 to connect to 6.1R4?
krille_
New Contributor

Hi,

Having the same problem with 6.2R1, any solution yet?

thanks

Kristian

GT_
New Contributor

I upgraded to 6.2r2.1 firmware and still have the same issue. I have a support call logged with juniper and have had litle success in working through the problem to date.

I would like to have tried the version 6.3 firmwares but our SA2500 is in production for other systems that are working well and I don't want to risk them.

I also don't want to roll back to 6.1 firmware where the problem was fixed after later releases as I use the new citrix funtionality in 6.2.

GT

icebun007_
Contributor

GT,

I went through the exact heartache!

I wanted to use the integrated display of Citrix Apps on the menu page but conceded that I need to have reliabilty first and foremost.

As a result I rolled back to 6.1R4 and have never looked back since. I have found this version stable for me.

In addition, I belive that Citrix are no longer offering .cab fiiles anymore so that limits the use of downloading the ICA client from the appliance.

I will at some point take a look at 6.3.x

RHIPS_
Occasional Contributor

Icebun007, We're currently running 6.1r4 and getting ready to upgrade to 6.1r5. 6.1r4 has an issue with configuring or administrating Hosted Java Applets.....you can't. If you don't use Hosted Java Applets you'll be fine. Just giving you a heads up. Running 6.1r5 in our Lab and everything looks good ....so far. RHIPS