cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i run NC and Pulse on the same role?

mleone_
Not applicable

Can i run NC and Pulse on the same role?

Sort of any odd question.

I have a mix of clients, mac and windows. I want the device to figure out of they can support pulse and if they cannot- start the NC client.

So if I'm on my mac I will get NC and if I'm on my win7 I will get pulse.

I have it working using a pulse realm and NC realm but it would be nice if users had to do nothing.

6 REPLIES 6
motd_
Occasional Contributor

Re: Can i run NC and Pulse on the same role?

You could create a host-checker policy which detects the operating system and then add that check to the role-restrictions.

If HC detects windows 7 allow access to the Pulse Role, and the other way around on the NC role.

muttbarker_
Valued Contributor

As "motd" stated you can use multiple roles and use host check to determine role assignment. A single role does not support running either NC or Pulse. You can only run one.

hulk_
Occasional Contributor

Can the Host Checker determine if the iOS client is a MacBook vs and iPhone/iPad??? Pulse does not work on MacBooks to my knowledge.

MH

rswinter_
Frequent Contributor

I put browser checks on my Pulse Realm so that only mobile devices can login... (or people who screw around with their browser ID string)

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7.

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8B117

Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8B117

JunosPulseAndroidMozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; DROIDX Build/VZW) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1

zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

There is no option for Host Checker with iOS due to restrictions in the Apple iOS SDK

However, as mentioned by rswinter, you can use browser restrictions to prevent/allow certain devices

unns_
Occasional Contributor

No, You can run either pulse or NC for same user role.

You can however launch NC and pulse simultaneously if you connect to 2 separate IVEs.