Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't browse internet while using Network Connect on Mac

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

Can't browse internet while using Network Connect on Mac

I have a Juniper SA-2500 (v 7.1R6) and I use Network Connect as the VPN client. But when I'm connected to Network Connect on my Mac I cannot browse the internet at the same time. This problem does not happen on my Windows computer. Any ideas what could cause this?

Could this be related to split tunneling? My split tunneling option is currently set to "Allow access to local subnet".

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Can't browse internet while using Network Connect on Mac

I got it to work by changing the tunneling settings on the firewawll to Enable Split Tunneling.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Access to local subnet means that you can access your home network directly (local network printer, etc.) but everything else, including Internet traffic is sent down the tunnel.

What happens then depends on the requirements of the environment you are connected to. Many business require outbound traffic to pass through a proxy server. Often the proxy configuration will be part of the VPN tunnel configuration so it can be assigned dynamically once the client connects. In other cases, the proxy is assigned through other means (scripted, pre-assigned, etc.).

I would check your proxy settings on your windows device both before and after connecting and note any change then see if the same changes happen when you connect with the Mac.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I got it to work by changing the tunneling settings on the firewawll to Enable Split Tunneling.

View solution in original post