I updated an SA-2000 from 6.0R2.0 to 6.1R2.1 and it went well except I cannot upload a new ESAP package. It says "Upload in progress..." and then IE goes to a 404 page. Firefox says the connection was reset. In IE 6 a Refresh brings the page back up but everything on the Endpoint Security page is dimmed out. I have to navigate to a new page and back. In Firefox a Reload does nothing.
Anybody else experiencing this?
Are there any infos in the logs? At least it should tell you that ESAP was updated in the positive case?
Edit: Just testet this on our testSA 2000, with ESAP 1.3.7. on IVE OS Build 13103 (6.1R2-1) without any problems also no matter if checking the box for activating this package after uploading.
I opened a support case and they said they had not heard of this before. I sent them a tcpdump and about 90% of the packets are corrupted during the upload process. The ESAP is not getting uploaded. They believe this is yet another "TCP Autoscaling" issue and 6.1R2.1 still has it enabled.
I can fully manage the box; I just can't upload anything. I'm going to try connecting a laptop directly to the switch where the SA-2000 is installed and see if that lets it work.
We started with IVE 5.3 or so, performed several firmware upgrades over the last year or so and have never had this issue. I wouldn't even have noticed it except I decided to upload the latest ESAP after the firmware upgrade rather than before. The 100+ MB firmware upload went fast when on 6.0R2.0. I can download the installers from the IVE fast and uncorrupted. All remote connections work fine. It's just the upload process that is broken.
Thanks. The Firefox issue may be related to the 126.96.36.199 or 2.0.10 update. It broke Firefox and IVE. Some of yours may have been on a slightly older version.
It's not showing any network errors at all. I uploaded the 100+ MB firmware file fine and then could not upload the little ESAP file after the upgrade. <sigh>
And another upgrade bug hit me, the same as when we went to 6.0R2.0. Some computers now get a "no firewall" host checker failure for the XP SP2 firewall. Others work perfectly. The fix once again was to go into the IVE and delete the XP SP2+ firewall, save the config and then re-add it.
Had a similar problem with a new box. Upgrade to 6.1r2 was ok. Unable to Upload ESAP. Also unable to Upgrade to 6.1R3. After trying many different things, I discovered that I had turned on the GZIP Compression in the System Options. Turned this off and it worked like a charm. Guess there is some sort of conflict with this version and the compression option. I have a couple of other boxes but I don't have the GZIP compression on. If I remember I had some problems with loading some web pages when it was enabled (but that was a few versions ago.)
Well, this is sad. I already had gzip turned off so that wasn't the issue. I have a backup box running 6.1R3, which is supposed to have TCP autoscaling turned off. I tried to upload the new ESAP to it and it fails also, giving me a 404 page part way through the upload.
Very interestingly, if I use Firefox 3, I get the same problem. But I can hit Refresh and it then uploads the file fine. That trick does not work in IE 6.
Try downloading the esap to root directory of your drive, "C:\j-esap-2.3.8.pkg" in my case and try uploading again. worked for me.