cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect

Alexo
New Contributor

Cannot connect

After upgrading Pulse, I can no longer connect from my home machine to the workplace.

Pulse Secure says "Securing Connection", then "The Pulse Secure service is not running" over an over again in an infinite loop.
The Windows event log shows multiple entries of "The Pulse Secure Network Service service terminated unexpectedly"

The machine runs Windows XP

Please advise.
Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
kita
Regular Contributor

Re: Cannot connect

What version of Pulse client are you running?
Alexo
New Contributor

From the log:

Network Connect Service (dsNcService.exe)
Mon Feb/01/2016 21:18:58 Eastern Standard Time
Build Version: 8, 0, 13, 39523
Product Version: 8, 0, 13, 39523
Operating System: Windows XP
Service Pack: Service Pack 3
Internet Explorer Version: 8.0.6001.18702
User Name: SYSTEM
mfc42.dll: 6.02.8081.0
msvcrt.dll: 7.0.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2111)
wininet.dll: 8.00.6001.23786 (longhorn_ie8_ldr.151214-1822)
ws2_32.dll: 5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-0852)
kita
Regular Contributor

Hello Alexo,

This is the Network Connect Service which is not related to the Pulse Secure client. If you open Pulse, click About Pulse Client. It should display the version.
Alexo
New Contributor

5.0.13 (61435)

Thanks

kita
Regular Contributor

This should be okay with Windows XP. Did this issue occur after updating Windows XP? Ideally, we would need to review the debuglog.log to get a better understanding of the issue. Is it possible to open a support case with your helpdesk or directly with Pulse Secure?
Alexo
New Contributor

We don't have a help-desk per se, and our IT department is unlikely to be of much help.
If there is somewhere I can send the debug log to get looked at, it will be much appreciated!

Thank you!
kita
Regular Contributor

Hello Alexo,

There is no feature on the forum to upload a file. If you can send a dropbox link, I can review the logs.
RyanC
Occasional Contributor

I'm seeing this exact same problem with almost the exact same version of Pulse Secure: 5.0.13 (61239) and Windows XP SP3. Did you figure it out? Please share!
RyanC
Occasional Contributor

In case it helps others with this problem,
for me, it turned out that connections from XP machines were disallowed on the server side.
See my post here for more specifics of the problem:
[url]https://forums.pulsesecure.net/topic/pulse-connect-secure/1001198-help-with-continuous-cycle-of-connecting-securing-connection-service-not-running/?page=1#post1001200[/url]