cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot determine realm for AD server

Payum_
Occasional Contributor

Re: Cannot determine realm for AD server

The issue "Cannot determine realm for AD server" was introduced in 6.2 and it is strictly a logging issue. This issue is resolved in 6.3 Release (6.3r1 and higher). We are requesting our engineering team to backport this fix into 6.2 R4 (targeted for release on 1/16/09).

Groots_
New Contributor

I am curious that you are suggesting that you are recommending that it be backported. Certainly there is no doubt that it is not always wise to upgrade to the latest version/build, but why not try to ensure that the all the issues get ironed out from 6.2 and are included in 6.3. Deciding which version to use becomes a real concern when each build has its own issues.

I am reluctant to upgrade (if it ain't broken, then don't touch it is a policy I use). The problem is that at some point, the version will no longer be supported and the upgrade is inevitable.

What else is to be included in 6.2.R4?

Payum_
Occasional Contributor

This issue was reported internally, the issue wasn't reported to JTAC by any customer. We put the priority on customer Problem Reports into maintenance releases. I am unable to give you the Problem report (all bugs) in 6.2 R4 since it is not completed.

Junipert_
Not applicable

Perhaps it should be stated with emphasis that these errors *should be* benign and, according to JTAC, can be ignored. Just don't want anyone out there thinking that their AD authentication troubles are going to be magically fixed by upgrading to 6.3R1. The errors that come on under 6.2R2 do not indicate any actual problem with AD authentication.