Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choosing between the Network Connect and the Junos Pulse clients

SOLVED
marine110303_
Occasional Contributor

Re: Choosing between the Network Connect and the Junos Pulse clients

Thanks for your feedback Kevin.

I tried setting up the two roles and merging them. It would default to Junos Pulse every time and wouldn't display the network connect application "Start Button". The only solution I have until we get rid of the NC client is to setup the two separate roles and have the user pick upon log in. You would think that the merging option would allow the display of both clients.

Thanks for confirming.

mattspierce_
Frequent Contributor

I dealt with this by assiging both roles to the realm.  Then I used role restirictions to decide what role a type of client gets.  In my case I based on browser string with a *Win* and *Mac* for Junos Pulse and then let everyone else get NetworkConnect.

zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

Yes, you have found the only way to do this: two roles and then either automatically assigning out the client on the role the way you did or by requiring users to choose the role. The clients cannot coexist on a user assignment and Pulse will get priority as it is the UI option enabled.
Toivo_
Contributor

This is helpful, since it's exactly the problem we face as well -- since Juniper seems in no hurry to make a Linux version of Pulse available (yes, we've talked to the account team and others), and now Mavericks only supports Pulse, we've had to split our client base. Unfortunately, depending on our users profile they may end in one of several roles (determining which virtual interface they're on, not really mergeable attributes), so it looks like we'll need to duplicate all of our roles now :-(