Hi, I've got a real headscratcher here and am at a loss of how to resolve it.
We have an Active\Passive cluster of 2 SA4500's. A new Citrix web Interface setup has gone on using a web resouce with WSAM for access to a 'secure' citrix farm. This has worked flawlessly since it was put in, until the SA's failed over. When this happens, the end user can get into the web interface but when they try and launch an app, they get a message saying the resource is not availble. If I fail the SA's back to the original stance, the setup works again. As I'm not always availble to fail the SA's over when this occurs I could realy do with getting to the bottom of why this is happening. We have plenty of other Realms and Roles dealing with different Citrix setups but this is a new one on me.
I have rebooted the device that won't work with the resource but it has not made any difference.
Any help gratefully recieved.
A couple possibilities come to mind. Most of thet network settings on a clustered pair are not synched. It's possible that one of your SAs may not be able to resolve or route to the back end Citrix server. I'd first check the logs for any clues and then I'd use the SA's Ping, traceroute, and Nslookup commands to validate that the Citrix server is reachable. ( Maintenance > Troubleshooting > Tools > Commands ). Make sure that you don't have any bad static host entries, routes or ARP entries hanging around too.
Similarly if your clustered SA's are not connected to the same switch / router / firewall, it's possible that they are trying to take a different path to get to the Citrix server and one of those paths may be broken. If this is the case the troubleshooting would be the same, but the fix would be external to the SA.
Hosts entries is a good one to look at. If I remember correctly, when entering the static hosts menu, it defaults to just that cluster member, and you have to use the pull down to select the entire cluster. Otherwise you end up adding a hosts entry just to the one member. Which is generally a non-event until you fail over.
Hi, thanks for the sugestions. I have been through both SA's and cannot find any differances within any of the network settings including Hosts, routes and ARP. I have since removed the entire config and rewritten it direct on the SA that wasn't working and it still didn't work until they were failed over. One thing I have noticed is that wfica32.exe doesn't even try to launch within the wsam when on the faulty sa but launches fine on the working one. I'm totally at a loss now.
Based on the description, this sounds dns related. Verify that your dns suffixes are the same on both appliances. I would also look at creating an IP based citrix entry instead of hostname to see if this will resolve the issue.
Hi, Just a quick update re this issue.
If I sign into the Citrix Web Interface when the SA's are failed over to the one having the issue, if I try and lauch the application, I get a message 'Resource shaortcuts are currently disabled'
If I then right click the application and select open in new tab and I then go to that tab and double click to launch, It works!!!
I've tested this in IE and Chrome and both do the same thus ruling out a browser issue.