We recently upgraded to the Citrix Web Interface v5.4 and we had the same error for our Firefox users and Juniper support told us that version of Firefox is not supported so use IE. We didbn't like it, but needed to move forward with Citrix WI 5.4 so had our users move to IE.
Now that MAC released Safari v5.1.5 the MAC users now get the same error message when trying to launch Citrix applications. It states "Resource shortcuts are currently disabled"
I tried the fix to "Enable users to access resources using browser bookmarks", but that work around doesn't work for either browser.
If I connect the MAC or Windows XP system to the network directly and use the browsers to access the Citrix page directly, I can access Citrix so it is a problem with Juniper and how it is providing access to Citrix.
Anyone see this or have a fix? Juniper support is telling me sorry we don't support those borwsers, which is rediculous.
What is the version of SA?
What is the version of firefox?
How is the citrix resource confiured under terminal services or under web bookmark?
I'm sorry you were told that; unless you are on 4.2, Safari & Firefox are supported browsers (with Safari being the only one supported on the Mac). With that said, there are Java versions that do not work well with some browsers (and it is specific; e.g. iirc, 1.6.0_23 is not recognized by firefox as installed and there are curent issues with Safari and Java).
How are you proxying the traffic on the Mac (JSAM or L3 option)? Windows?
We are seen exactly the same behavior on the Mac OSX - after Safari update to v5.1.5. We are using SA6500 - v7.1R4.1 (build 19525) - the Mac users are connected via Network Connect
Maybe i should raise a case with JTAC...
We've got a similar problem with Mac OS X Client.
It works fine with the XP or 7 client
any update about your porblem?
Sorry everyone, I have been working with JTAC and Citrix on the issue and so far have gotten nowhere. I am having the issue with my MAC users who upgraded to Safari 5.1.5, but our older versions seem to work OK.
For now, I rolled back to the old Web Interface version, but that also seems to have issues with Safari 5.1.5 since it crashes when launching Citrix for the first time.
We are running 7.1 R6 and use Network Connect for our MAC connections. External Windows computers use the CTS client.
If I open the internal Citrix web interface v5.4.2 version directly after making the connection I can open Citrix applications. It is just an issue when using it through the juniper rewriter.
So far tech support is pointing at Citrix as the issue and Citrix is pointing at Juniper. Love that game, but JTAC escalated the case so maybe iof other people also report it they will do soemthing about it.
You said you are in over Network Connect, can you clarify for me if the link to the Citrix web app over Network Connect OR is the link to the Citrix web app over the IVE bookmark to the WI? If the former, it is a Citrix issue as that replicates/mimics the LAN experience; if it is the latter, it is either an Apple or Juniper issue (with the failure point happening only after updating to Safari 5.1.5, it may very well be an Apple issue).
We have the issue when the Citrix Web Interface page is accessed through the Juniper rewriter. If i open the Citrix web interface page using another Safari window and go directly to the site I can open Citrix applications without an issue.
So I do not think it is an issue with Safari, but how Juniper is passing the connection attempt to the backend servers using Safari.
Direct access and local LAN access all worked fine
One thing I have found is that if I setup a No Rewrite policy for the Citrix Web Interface and access it as a link from the Juniper home page, I still have the same error message. Even though it is set to not rewrite and go directly to the web page.
however, if I open a new browser window and manually go to the Citrix web interface and log in, I do not have the issue.
So the problem stems from Juniper initiating the connection to the web interface and either dropping or failing to make a connection to something.
Hopefully they come up with something to address this.
based on the comments in this thread it looks like there is a combination failure on the SA and Safari 5.1.5 (since it is happening with that Safari version and others work without issue).
i know of at least one instance of this actively being looked at inside JTAC.