cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citrix web interface, Java ICA client and Macs help needed...

FutureBoy_
New Contributor

Citrix web interface, Java ICA client and Macs help needed...

IÕm after some help with getting Mac users to be able to use Citrix applications through a Citrix Web Interface.

On my IVE (Version 6.2R2-1) IÕve got a Citrix Web Interface/JICA web resource profile set up. IÕve chosen ÔJava ICA Client with Web Interface (NFuse)Õ, but when the users click on the published application in the web interface, their browser asks them what program they want to use to open the .ica file with, instead of Java launching. Am I forgetting something? Is there something specific about the Mac version of Java client that we need to set on the Citrix server?

This works from Windows machines just fine, but not on Macs.

Thanks
Olly
3 REPLIES 3
tkolb_
Occasional Contributor

Re: Citrix web interface, Java ICA client and Macs help needed...

Hi

I had the same problem with an Windows/IE laptop once. The solution wasn't very logical but anyay, it worked.

On the IE there was an option called "Do not save encrypted pages to disk" after changing the settings (can't recall if this was en- or disabled) it worked.

Maybe you want to give this a try.

Regards

T.

FutureBoy_
New Contributor

My problem has nothing to do with IE, because I'm talking about Macs.

tkolb_
Occasional Contributor

Hi

I know but as a MAC has a browser too, you may want to look if there is a corresponding setting in Safari which solves the problem like it did for my IE issue.

Regards

T.