Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clauster upgrade of MAG4610 from 8.0R10 to 8.1R4

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Clauster upgrade of MAG4610 from 8.0R10 to 8.1R4

Hello guys,

This is my first upgrade of Pulse secure SSl VPN device. Could you share your experience on it?
As far as I understand I can upgrade it directly from 8.0R10 to 8.1R4. And there is should not be any issues.
But anyway, I would like to hear your advice, for example what I should check before and whether I can use this approach
https://www.pulsesecure.net/base/images/kb-images/kb-files/techpubs/software/ive/guides/howtos/How_To_Junos_Pulse_Secure_Access_Cluster_Upgrade.pdf

Thank you.
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Clauster upgrade of MAG4610 from 8.0R10 to 8.1R4

Hi Aidar,

Upgrade should be easy enough however you can take following precautions,

1. Take backup of all the logs and delete them all from appliance. that will speed up the box to come back after reboot because all the logs are achieved before reboot.
2. Take system config, certificate etc backup just in case it does not come back after reboot.

Lastly, have patience because it sometimes take 15-20 mins to come back after reboot.

You can also refer the how-to guide for upgrade though upgrades are straight forward.

Regards,
Kapil
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hello Kapilaks,

Thank you for your help.
Do you know if I should consider some downtime for users? I read about short disconnect while failover from one node to another. Is 10 minutes enough from your experience?

Thank you.
Highlighted
Contributor

Hi Aidar,

it will be good to have a notification sent to users for intermittent disconnection during upgrade. Normally it takes between 10-20 mins to come back.

Regards,
Kapil