cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Server problem with wsam after upgrading to 6.5R3 from 6.4x - affect one user only

ekf_
Occasional Contributor

Client Server problem with wsam after upgrading to 6.5R3 from 6.4x - affect one user only

Hi All,

I am wondering what is the proper procedure to trouble shoot wsam related problem. Some users run a local application to connect (via wsam client application set up in Juniper) to the backend server . After upgrading from 6.4x to 6.5R3, all are working fine but one.

For this user, everything works like before but that one application that uses wsam. We have uninstalled Juniper and the application, deleted all Juniper related files and reinstalled, result is the same: cannot connect. The client cannot fine the server (again just this one user only).

I am just wondering what breaks and how to track it down, other than what I had already done.

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
cbarcellos_
Regular Contributor

Re: Client Server problem with wsam after upgrading to 6.5R3 from 6.4x - affect one user only

ekf:

It is common for some AntiVirus or Firewall applications to not play nice with WSAM. For instance, the new ZoneAlarm will block WSAM from working. Check to see if the user has ZoneAlarm installed.

Troubleshooting tips: Take a www.belarc.com report on both a working and non-norking system. This will allow you to compare what applications are installed on both systems. Next you'd want to start by disabling and then uninstalling AntiVirus, Firewalls, AntiMalware, etc and then re-test.

Hope this helps.

ekf_
Occasional Contributor

Re: Client Server problem with wsam after upgrading to 6.5R3 from 6.4x - affect one user only

Thank you.

I'll see what I can find. As for Anti-Virus software, it the same for both working and not working machine. So that's not it. Windows firewall is turned off, so that's not it.

Thanks again.

RKB_
Frequent Contributor

Also have a look at KB15686. You may want to isolate any DNS related problems for this user when accessing the specific application.