cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cluster Licensing

dcvers_
Regular Contributor

Cluster Licensing

In the knowledge base there is an article about Cluster Licensing (KB9664). Included is following picture. In this situation what is the maximum number of concurrent users on the cluster? Is it 50 or 50+50=100?

8 REPLIES 8
sylvain_
Contributor

Re: Cluster Licensing

50 simultaneous Users for the cluster.

In case of Active / Active you can have for exemple 25 on the first one and 25 on the second one

In case of Active / Passive you can have 50 users on the master device

Message Edited by sylvain on 04-03-2008 01:31 PM
ben_
Frequent Contributor

I guess Sylvain meant 50 ccu in case of A/P Smiley Wink

btw, there is an extra license key for SSL-Acceleration???

Message Edited by ben on 04-03-2008 08:19 AM
sylvain_
Contributor

Hi Ben,

Well spotted, i ve just correct my message :-)

Btw yes there is a SSL Acc lic for this device in order to offload SSL processes from the CPU.

ben_
Frequent Contributor

@Sylvain: I though this "feature" is free of charge... I should check how this is with a SA6000...
Darwin-L_
Not applicable

Hi All,

Could anyone give me the best user license configuration for SA6500 for 30K simultaneous users?

When do I need to have an SLB?

Thank you.

Malik_
New Contributor

Hi

just a very quick one.

What will happen if the Master device will goes down ? is it automatic shift or manual shift.

I have a situation where I need to setup 100 user with Active / Passive (automatic shift if master fails ) what best licensing options I can get. Do I need 100 user + 100 user cluster license .

Thanks in advance

Regards

Malik

kenlars_
Super Contributor

The switchover in an active/passive cluster is automatic, occurring when the backup machine decides the primary machine is down, and claims the VIPs.

For active/passive for 100 users, you would need a standard license for 100 users on your primary device, and a cluster license for 100 users on your backup device.

In general, in a cluster, you need to have a standard license for one machine for the total number of concurrent users ever in the cluster, and a cluster license on each other machine for as many users as would run concurrently on that machine. For example, in a 4-way active/active cluster, you could have one machine with a standard license for 10,000 users, and 3 machines with cluster licenses for 2,500 users. If all machines were running, you could support 10,000 users across them. If the master machine failed, you would only be able to support 7,500 users on the other machines, since that is the total of the cluster licenses you have.

Malik_
New Contributor

Great Thanks !!