cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clustering License that needed for 25000 user

h3ndro5_
New Contributor

Clustering License that needed for 25000 user

dear all, need advice to build the boq for Secure Access that can accomodate up 25K user conc. In the datasheet to achieve that number need 3 boxes of SA6500 and the license for 25K. The question how about the cluster license, which license that applied for the other two units? need advice. Thanks and regards, hendro
2 REPLIES 2
Jickfoo_
Super Contributor

Re: Clustering License that needed for 25000 user

Holy Cow, 25,000 concurrent users ?

I'm curious how much bandwidth that would take up. Also, I know the 6500 says it can handle 25k but has anyone stress tested it ?

Anyway, I think you need to buy and install the Clustering license " Allow 25k additional users to be shared from another 6500 ", on 2 of the 3 boxes. One will be the primary with the all the simultaneous user licenses.

Also, With that many users, I'd think you'd want to spread out the load on these boxes. I guess you're running Active/Active/Active or do you have some kind of load balancer in front ?

On a side note, on a purchase of that size, I'd think you'd have a team of sales reps to help you out.

Good Luck, I'd love to hear how it goes.

Justin

Suboor_
Not applicable

Re: Clustering License that needed for 25000 user

@jickfoo wrote:

Holy Cow, 25,000 concurrent users ?

I'm curious how much bandwidth that would take up. Also, I know the 6500 says it can handle 25k but has anyone stress tested it ?

Anyway, I think you need to buy and install the Clustering license " Allow 25k additional users to be shared from another 6500 ", on 2 of the 3 boxes. One will be the primary with the all the simultaneous user licenses.

Also, With that many users, I'd think you'd want to spread out the load on these boxes. I guess you're running Active/Active/Active or do you have some kind of load balancer in front ?

On a side note, on a purchase of that size, I'd think you'd have a team of sales reps to help you out.

Good Luck, I'd love to hear how it goes.

Justin

here is the BOQ, Enjoy..........................

But with latest IVE ( 7.0 R1), no need to add cluster licenses.

Below BOQ is for IVE( 6.5 R4)

SA6500

Secure Access 6500 Base System

SA6500-ADD-25000U

Add 25000 simultaneous users to SA 6500

SA6500-CL-25000U

Clustering: Allow 25000 users to be shared from another SA 6500

Support

SVC-ND-SA6.5K-H

J-Care NextDay Support for SA6.5K-H (5000U+)

SVC-ND-SA6.5K-CL-H

J-Care NextDay Support for SA6.5K-CL-H (5000U+)