Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comprehensive Guide for Juniper MAG

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Comprehensive Guide for Juniper MAG

Hi all,

I'm looking for the most comprehensive admin guide which is relevant to the MAG 6600 Series Gateways (6611 to be exact).  

I've been reading a bit from the following:

j-pulse-3.0R1-adminguide.pdf

j-sa-sslvpn-7.2-adminguide.pdf

Does anyone recommend any other docs for the MAG devices and how to learn the ropes on how to configure them?

The 7.2 doc refers to the IVE quite a bit which I believe are on the SRXs and not the MAGS...so it not relevant in my case.  Same with the 3.0 doc.

Can anyone recommend something from the techpubs to familiarize myself with the platform and the software which goes along with it.

Also, I wouldn't mind hitting chapters and sections which entail the bare minimum requirements to establish an SSL VPN connection for remote users.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Comprehensive Guide for Juniper MAG

It can be a little confusing at first but MAG is just the "server" platform the Secure Access (SSL VPN) solution runs on.

IVE (Instant Virtual Extranet) is just another histroical name for the Secure Access solution. What you need is the Secure Access documenation.

Assuming you are running version 7.2 then j-sa-sslvpn-7.2-adminguide.pdf is the right document for SSL VPN. The first part of the the document (Getting Started) includes step by step instructions for setting up a test scenario and is the best place to start if you are new.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Agree, in other words:

MAG and formerly SA are hardware platforms, which runs the IVE OS software.

There is no difference between IVE on MAG and IVE on SA, so the global secure access documentations should apply for you, just be sure to take the good documention for your version.

Highlighted
Contributor

An example of the interface ad configuring cluster

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thank you all Smiley Happy