Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration of MAG4610

SOLVED
jeff.campbell_
New Contributor

Configuration of MAG4610

Hi,

Im new to junipers so any help would be appreciated.  We currently have the older sa2500 as our remote access devices and I would like to transfer the configs from this box to a newer mag4610.  I understand that you cant copy the configurations across from the sa2500 as it is an older box but you can do an xml export/import.  If anyyone can point me in the right direction of a step by step guide I would appreciate it.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
muttbarker_
Valued Contributor

Re: Configuration of MAG4610

I have not tried it but I would assume that you would be able to do an export of the system and user configs and then do an import of them into the MAG. The code is identical from SA to MAG and there are usually no problems bringing a config from an older release to a newer one, though you can't go the other way. 

I would give it a try. Unless of of course you have already done so and proven that I haven't a clue Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
muttbarker_
Valued Contributor

I have not tried it but I would assume that you would be able to do an export of the system and user configs and then do an import of them into the MAG. The code is identical from SA to MAG and there are usually no problems bringing a config from an older release to a newer one, though you can't go the other way. 

I would give it a try. Unless of of course you have already done so and proven that I haven't a clue Smiley Happy

jayLaiz_
Super Contributor

Hi,

You should be able to save the user.cfg and system.cfg file and import it into the new mag. Make sure when you are importing the system config, you check :

Import Device Certificate(s) : if you want to import the device certificate from the old config to the new MAG

User.cfg and system.cfg are forward compatble meaning you can take the config from an older software version and import into a box running a higher software version.

you can also save the entire xml config and import the config to the MAG but for xml import, both the SA2500 and the MAG device need to be running the same software version.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jay

jeff.campbell_
New Contributor

This worked, but I had to firrst upgrade the new Juniper to the same version and build.  thanks for the suggestion.