Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure VNC on SA2500 v6.5r6

YY_
New Contributor

Configure VNC on SA2500 v6.5r6

Hi all,

I am using SA2500 v6.5r6.

I would like to know what is the configuration/steps to allow external contractors to connect into my internal server (LAN) through VNC.

Thank you in advance for your help.

3 REPLIES 3
zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

Re: Configure VNC on SA2500 v6.5r6

You will need to configure one of the following to allow access:

WSAM: define the allowed servers on the role (IP, FQDN, hostname)

JSAM: define the allowed servers on the role this requires FQDN resolution (either using the IVE HOSTS file or DNS)

For the above, you will need to make sure they are allowed at Users>Resource Policies>SAM>Access Control (on the options tab, also make sure to enable the IP based matching for hostname based policy resources)

Network Connect: define the split tunneling policy on the role; configure the IP, access rights, and split tunneling networks at Users>Resource Policies>Network Connect>(and follow the tab guides there)

YY_
New Contributor

Thank you for your response.

I will configure as per your suggestion.

I have been reading other forums and they have discussed about java applet for the VNC and modifying some html codes for the VNC to function.

Do I need this java applet for the configuration?

Is the java applet to be used for the external contractors to download the VNC program when they access the SA 2500?
If the java applet is needed, can you guide me to the configuration steps?

And also the configuration for the html codes?

Thank you again for your help.

zanyterp_
Respected Contributor

You are welcome; glad to help.

If you are aware of a VNC applet, or want to use the ones mentioned by others, that is definitely a possibility; however, it is not a requirement for the configuration I outlined.