cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting 2 different network using Juniper Client

New Contributor

Connecting 2 different network using Juniper Client

Hi,

I use the juniper VPN client to connect to my office network. Can i use the same clinet to connect to a clients network?

Would appreciate how can this be done on SA 6500 which has build of 7.1R5.

Thanks,

Kevin.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Connecting 2 different network using Juniper Client

It depends. If you downloaded, for example the Pulse client for an iOS device..then yes (provided the other network also has a Pulse-compliant gateway).

But if you are using Network Connect, the SA will always try to download/install "it's" version of Network Connect. Also, Host Checker policies may not align across both sites to your particular environment.

HTH,

-Keith

Respected Contributor

As Keith said, the answer depends. Which client are you using? What type of juniper device is at the customer side?
New Contributor

Hi,

I am using Juniper Network Connect 7.0.1 client to use SSL VPN.

The customer is using SSL VPN SA 6500 in their environment.

Kevin.

Super Contributor

Yes you can (with caveats).

If both SA devices aren't running the same code, you'll end up with multiple versions of NetworkConnect/Pulse and if you have a Terminal Services client open via one, when you open a terminal services client via the second... your first one will (probably) be closed.

I have several clients, all running differnet versions and the only issue I have (and I only connect to a single client at a time) is that the Terminal service client is unique to each SA version, so every time I switch client networks, I have to download their version of the TS client.

Respected Contributor

yes, just input the client URL in network connect.

if you are not sure if network connect is supported, it will launch when you click on start. the system will handle upgrade/downgrades as-needed