cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to VPN from abroad

Highlighted

Connecting to VPN from abroad

Hi there,

My company uses the Pulse Secure VPN, and successfully accessing the VPN is critical for me in order to work. 

I am planning on traveling abroad in a month to visit family, and intend to work during that time.

I have been assured by IT that this "should be okay," but I am a bit nervous because if it doesn't work or I cannot connect for some reason while I am abroad, I will need to immediately cancel my trip and return to the US to be able to continue doing my work. Should I just take his word for it? Is there anything in particular I should be asking about to help confirm this capability (a setting or selection with our VPN setup for instance)? I am not sure if there is a way to test this without physically being abroad...

Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated! Thank you and apologies if this is too far off topic - I am not super tech savvy, and just want to travel and work at the same time Smiley Happy.

Best,

Charlotte 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Connecting to VPN from abroad

@Charlotte2026 VPN access should be fine as long as your home network is stable, and assuming your company will not block VPN connections from geographic locations outside of US.

PCS Expert
Pulse Connect Secure Certified Expert