cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating DOD Banner Page

New Contributor

Creating DOD Banner Page

I would like to know if anyone has had any success creating a logon banner or disclaimer page on the IVE. I would need it to load first before primary or secondary auth pages. We are not looking for java popup page because popup blocker is on in our environment. Any thoughts or examples would be cool!

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Creating DOD Banner Page

The message displayed to the right of the sign in area can be edited and taked most HTML and CSS commands. It's not a redirect, but can serve to display quite a bit of information.

To edit this go to Authentication -> Signing In -> Sign-in Pages and select your sign-in page. Then place the desired HTML in the "Instructions" field.

New Contributor

DougR - thanks for the reply, we are currently doing this. I was looking more for a full page with an OK button as kind of a click here to acknowledge thing. I did have an "onload" html tag in my secondary login page that called a banner page from an external webserver but it was treated like a popup by IE and prompted the users to allow popup. I need a page to load in the existing browser window.

Idealy it would go:

1. page1 DOD Warning and consent banner
  2. page 2 Certificate server for PKI smartcard logons
  3. page 3 secondary logon server RSA or Active directory

Again thanks for the response

Super Contributor

I've worked a little with custom sign-in pages, and I think you might be able to have the primary login page (LoginPage.thtml) did not actually do the login, but - after the user accepted the disclaimer - might load a page which would actually do the login. It might be worth a try to see if this would work -

(1) Rename LoginPage.thtml to LoginPage2.thtml

(2) Create a new LoginPage.thtml which displays the disclaimer, requires the user to accept it, and then loads Loginpage2.thtml

This would depend on the preprocessor for the thtml pages processing the LoginPage2.thtml page. I would guess that it would, since it has the suffix ".thtml". Also, you would need to figure out how you would load LoginPage2.thtml from LoginPage.thtml - I'm guessing it might be named LoginPage2.html (suffix changed) by run time.

Having said this, this probably depends too much on Juniper not changing the architecture of the login pages.

I'm sure there are a lot better web programmers on the community than me. Is there any chance that you could create a construct within LoginPage.thtml which would display the disclaimer, and then only show the user and password fields on the screen after the user had accepted the disclaimer? I see this type of behavior in a number of web apps I use, but I'm not knowledgable enough to know if this is possible with HTML and Javascript, which is what you have available to you in the custom sign-in pages.

Good luck!

Contributor

To take this further, I have often thought how nice it would be for the SA product to have the ability to use a variety of different backgrounds, designs, etc., for all of the pages it serves up, whether login, bookmark, help, etc., and for this to be an additional item by itself under the left side admin navigation structure (sort of a "look and feel" design area). I know the capability is there to upload a few custom pages, but I wish this could be broadened considerably.
Valued Contributor

It is also very simple to create your own sign in pages with whatever level of custom verbiage you would like. Simply download the samples by going to signing in, sign in pages, Upload Custom Pages.

Download the "Sample" template and edit it as desired. Zip back up the edited pages. Then create a new, custom sign in page and upload the zip file.

Adding basic text is very straightforward.

Frequent Contributor

But there is (still) no possbility to keep the multilanguage items based on the browser language when using those templates?
Contributor

Not sure, but probably not. Most of the environment variables that's set with the Signin Policy page do not get set in a Custom page. You have to set these manually in the page headers.